Islam and Politics in Turkey
1. Islam and identity (formative role).
2. Islam and the forces/challenges of modernity.
3. Islam and the nation-state.
4. Attempts at Islamic reform or renewal.
5. The interaction between the state and religion.
6. The various manifestations of Islam and politics (official Islam, popular Islam, Sufi Islam, Salafi Islam, Islamic movements, militant/jihadi Islam, etc).
7. The role/use of Islam in the democratization process.
8. The future of Islam in Turkey.
- Prof. istar gozaydin
- Dr. Gül Ceylan Tok
- Politicization of the Apolitical: Dynamics of Political Identity Formation among Gezi Park Protesters in TurkeyMr. Galib Bashirov
- THE LOCAL DYNAMICS OF THE CENTRAL POWER: PLACE AND IMPORTANCE OF THE MERSIN MP’S WITHIN THE TURKISH POLITICAL ELITES IN MULTI PARTY PERIODProf. Ali Arslan
- Mr. Galip Dalay
- Ms. Didem Doganyilmaz